Today we took a slow day. We woke up late, and went out for breakfast. I had a waffle that was supposed to be covered in fresh strawberries, but apparently covered means one. (No, I'm not bitter at all...) Everyone else had eggs, and Dad got pancakes too (the pancake combo). After we finished we headed back to the hotel to get ready. On the way back Dad swore he saw someone in the movies. Not a main character, but a popular background person. He was driving a porsche, so whatever he is he's doing well at it!
We then drove out to the J. Paul Getty Museum. (Which is an art museum) The architecture was phenomenal! We skipped the medieval art and decided to focus on everything after the 17th century. The art was lovely. I really enjoyed the large portaits. They had a sketching gallery where you were provided with paper, pencils, and inspiration. Brenna drew a lovely sketch, and I attempted one. Brenna says she likes it. The lady running the section told Mom she had two budding geniuses, I think she meant it about Brenna's, but was being nice about mine. We walked through the photographs, some were nice but there were a few wierd ones. We had lunch in the cafe. We then went and investigated the lovely gardens. All the stone is white, and the flowers were so beautiful. Mom was pretty envious. They could definitely do wedding photos there. On our way out Mom got asked twice to fill out a survey about her visit. Dad wanted to fill it out and his comment is the title of this blog. (Mom wouldn't let him)
We then headed to Santa Monica beach. We spent hours playing in the rising tide. We went and checked out the pier, but it was designed towards small children. We went out for supper in a very nice restaurant. Mom and Brenna had steak, which they enjoyed. Dad had raviole and I had a vegetable salad. As we drove back to the hotel we did not take the freeway. We drove along sunset boulevard, into Hollywood. Mom and I saw two people getting their pictures taken, but we're not sure if they're famous. It's a pretty glitsy end of town.
We then drove out to the J. Paul Getty Museum. (Which is an art museum) The architecture was phenomenal! We skipped the medieval art and decided to focus on everything after the 17th century. The art was lovely. I really enjoyed the large portaits. They had a sketching gallery where you were provided with paper, pencils, and inspiration. Brenna drew a lovely sketch, and I attempted one. Brenna says she likes it. The lady running the section told Mom she had two budding geniuses, I think she meant it about Brenna's, but was being nice about mine. We walked through the photographs, some were nice but there were a few wierd ones. We had lunch in the cafe. We then went and investigated the lovely gardens. All the stone is white, and the flowers were so beautiful. Mom was pretty envious. They could definitely do wedding photos there. On our way out Mom got asked twice to fill out a survey about her visit. Dad wanted to fill it out and his comment is the title of this blog. (Mom wouldn't let him)
We then headed to Santa Monica beach. We spent hours playing in the rising tide. We went and checked out the pier, but it was designed towards small children. We went out for supper in a very nice restaurant. Mom and Brenna had steak, which they enjoyed. Dad had raviole and I had a vegetable salad. As we drove back to the hotel we did not take the freeway. We drove along sunset boulevard, into Hollywood. Mom and I saw two people getting their pictures taken, but we're not sure if they're famous. It's a pretty glitsy end of town.
1 comment:
Hey there, Kaitlin! We've enjoyed your posts with photos. You guys have covered alot of ground!
I guess you didn't find the beautiful old carousel on the Santa Monica pier. When we were there several years ago the kids frolicked in the surf too. Are you going to Anaheim?
Your dogs are fine; we saw them this weekend when we visited Renee
Best,
May, Lena, Isaac
Post a Comment